HOW MUCH CBD OIL DO I TAKE?
If you plan to ingest CBD products to treat a specific condition, start small and work your way up to a dose that works best for you. Be sure to purchase only CBD products you can trust! Many products on the market do not provide the advertised dose.
For advice on a starting point, refer to our blog and FAQ sections. For the particulars on how to use our tinctures, see below.
- 250 mg, 1 oz. bottle | 22 drops ~ 5 mg CBD or 8 mg CBD per ml
- 500 mg, 1 oz. bottle and 1000 mg, 2 oz. bottle (all carrier oils) | 11 Drops ~ 5 mg CBD or 17 mg CBD per ml
- 1250 mg, 1 oz. bottle and 2500 mg, 2 oz. bottle (all carrier oils) | 4 Drops ~ 5 mg CBD or 42 mg CBD per ml
What’s the right amount of CBD for you?
The amount of CBD you should take depends on many factors, including:
• Body Weight;
• The Condition You’re Treating;
• Individual Body Chemistry;
• Concentration of CBD in Your Product (see above for the CBD concentration of Blue Goose Products).
Before trying CBD, be sure to talk to your doctor about an appropriate dosage and any potential risks. If your doctor tells you how much to use, stick to their recommendation. This is especially important if you’re taking a prescription medication that contains CBD or any medications (e.g. statins) for which you should avoid grapefruit juice.
If your doctor doesn’t provide a recommendation, it’s best to start with a smaller dose and gradually increase it. This could mean starting with 20 to 40 mg a day. After a week, increase this amount by 5 mg. Continue this until you feel that it’s effectively treating your symptoms.
For example, you might start off with 40 mg to treat severe pain. You can take 40 mg on days when you’re in a lot of pain. After a week, you increase it to 45 mg, and after a second week, you use 50 mg. At this point, you might feel that your pain is bearable.
It might be wise to keep track of how much CBD you’re taking and whether your symptoms are getting better.